Rather belatedly I write my blog about the HOME exhibition mid January.
My impressions: Pantone were 'big' - so many stands had fabulous ideas using the Pantone range. Folding chairs, china, storage boxes and other accessories. The wonderful wheel of colour in mugs educating and entertaining at the same time.
What I noticed most about the show was the colour and the bling. As with Decorex in September, pops of hyper colour were everywhere. Electric blue, green and yellow seemed favourite.
- Fantastic light fittings from the bubble gum colours of carefully crafted glass dripping chandeliers from Bob Crooks of First Glass which can be made in any colour, any number and etched in different designs.
- The organic forms of Joe Plismy Lighting - sea forms of silk lights that would look good in any situation.
- The fun milk bottle lights from Droog
- The last room set from the impressive Coach House who have an excellent range of fixtures, fittings and furniture for the Interior Designer.
Above are a few items that caught my eye.
- These innovative wall bike racks from Outline Works - in various animal head shapes and wild and wonderful colours.
- Soft pastel coloured bird feeders in lovely bulbous shapes from Green and Blue
- An innovative light shelf - made of thin coloured Corian with LED lights behind. An interesting and modern way of making a mantelpiece, or perhaps shelving in a bathroom The options are endless. From Belle and Bespoke.
- And finally this wonderfully whimsical tea set from Product of Your Environment with Gin (teapot & cup), Tonic (milk jug, ) - other humorous and entertaining items are available on their website - such as the donut plate, the 'I am not a doormat' doormat and the wonderful picture frame pillowcases.