Wednesday 9 May 2012

Pinterest - another social media site that I have just been introduced to!

quickmeme.com
So there I am, a Newbie on Twitter quite happily finding my way around hashtags, dm's and other such lingo that is used on Twitter when someone asks if I am on Pinterest.  

Well I wasn't but now I am!  What an excellent visual referencing resource this is. 

This site allows you to 'pin' images from websites that you find interesting or upload your own images into separate boards that you create.  If you click on the image you are then taken to the original website, which is fantastic if you are window shopping, brilliant if you need to remember to credit someone in a post, fabulous if you want to promote an item and well just generally all round marvellous!  Not only that but you can connect your 'pins' to Facebook and Twitter so your 'Followers' can constantly be updated, if they wish, with your wonderful images.   As you can read I am a convert.

I have started to use it as a way of displaying work/projects that have been completed.  These aren't the full on, set up, glossy shots by a professional,  those will come - but snaps of work in progress or just finished. As a way of easily displaying current work, this site could obviate the necessity of having a website that you need to constantly update.  Maybe, just maybe I am ahead of the curve here and everyone will soon be on Pinterest for their portfolio! 

I will shortly update my Pinterest site and upload photographs of artwork that I have painted and want to sell.  The potential market is huge just within Pinterest its self - if you label the items correctly.   How very democratic!


Southwold, watercolour
Link to Pinterest - Art by Rowena Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment